This golden lion was built in 1937 on behalf of the Danish Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries. The Dana was designed and built as an ocean-going ice class ship. During her period of service for the Danish government, she was frequently used for marine biological research, not only in Danish waters but also in international ones.
Bertra International bought the ship in 1980.
In 1984 the Dana was sold to Esvagt in Esbjerg, and was now used as an offshore support ship. The Esvagt Dana was sold to the Danish Nautical Training College in Nyborg in 2000, and sailed as a training ship.
In 2007 P&T Charters bought the ship and converted it into a three-masted topsail schooner with a sail area of 1400 m2.
Info om Gulden Leeuw:
Length: 67,5 meters
Width: 8,6 meters
Height: 36 meters
Previous visits to Esbjerg during TSR: 2 (2014 & 2018)