Pelican of London was built as an arctic fishing trawler in Le Havre, France in 1948. She was sold to a Norwegian firm and spent the next 19 years fishing the Arctic.
In 1968 Pelican was reclassified from a trawler to a coaster. Her owners renamed her “Kadett”. She remained “Kadett” for 27 years until 1995 when she changed hands again.
She was bought by ex-Naval Commander Graham Neilson who transformed her into a tall ship. In this total reconstruction only the superb hull of the original 1948 Pelican remains. Everything else has been replaced.
Pelican of London has been designed principally as a sail training ship, but is capable of many different roles world-wide.
Information about Pelican of London:
Length: 44,82 meters
Width: 7 meters
Height: 20 meters
Previous visits to Esbjerg during TSR: 1 (2014)